Jessica does it again, Roasted Garlic Shrimp Scampi
i think my friend Jessica likes to cook for me. which is fine by me, because i love to eat everything she makes for me.
last night she made me one of my favorites, shrimp scampi, while we started to plan a baby shower for our favorite mommy-to-be. now, i will preface this by admitting that i did not help in any way (just call me the helpful house guest), but i did watch her make this dish, and it took her no time at all. simple ingredients, easy recipe and awesome flavor!
here’s what you need:
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lemon, zested then half cut into thin slices and other half into wedges
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
spaghetti/pasta, couscous or rice for serving
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound fresh shrimp, medium-sized, deveined with tails off (frozen works just fine)
5 cloves garlic, minced
what to do:
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
– In an 8×8 glass baking pan combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme. Olive oil should liberally cover the bottom of the pan, if it doesn’t drizzle in a little more. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking every few minutes, if it looks like it is getting too brown remove and proceed to next step.
– Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and toss with a pat of butter or olive oil.
– Remove pan from oven, add butter and move it around a little to melt, add shrimp, garlic and the thin sliced lemons (don’t squeeze them), toss to coat with oil mixture.
– Bake for 8-10 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink and just start to curl, check often.
– Serve over pasta, couscous or rice tossed with additional extra-virgin olive oil and fresh-squeezed lemon with additional lemon wedges for serving.
(images courtesy of cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com)